Home Care in Silver Spring MD
- Paint a paper cup brown. Turn the cup upside down and glue a pom-pom to the top of the cup for the head.
- Cut nine 4-inch leaf shapes from different colors of construction paper. Fold a 1-inch-square piece of orange construction paper in half; cut a triangle shape out of the folded paper for the beak. Using a 2-inch square of red paper folded in half, cut a heart shape to create the turkey’s wattle.
- Glue the beak and wattle to the pom-pom. Add googly eyes. Glue on the “feathers.”
Cup on the Cob
- Cut an oval corncob shape slightly larger than the paper cup out of yellow construction paper. With crayons, draw kernels on the paper. Glue to the front of the cup.
- Cut a piece of crepe paper, 11 inches high by 12 inches long (this may vary depending on size of cup). Glue the crepe paper around the cup to create the corn husk. Crinkle and gather the paper at the top as you glue around the cup.
- Fill a snack bag with popcorn and place inside the cup. Gather the top of the crepe paper and tie with a piece of raffia.
Easy Nature Notecards Craft for Kids
- Scout the backyard for a round or oval leaf.
- Lightly paint one side with orange poster paint. Press onto the bottom half of a sheet of construction paper, then carefully remove.
- With a small paintbrush add a stem. Let dry. Fold paper in half, and use as notepaper.