Philia specializes in providing non-medical, in-home companion and personal care for the elderly. We offer many in-home services including companionship, light housekeeping, laundry, meal planning and preparation, incidental transportation, errand running, and personal bathing and grooming assistance.
Philia provides personalized home care services to people of all ages, physical conditions and cognitive levels. We specialize in quality in-home senior care, including professional nursing, personal care, Alzheimer’s care, dementia care, and many home care services in the home, the hospital, long-term assisted living facilities and other places of residence.
- Philia Care Managers are Registered Nurses who prepare, in consultation with the client and family, a care plan tailored for each individual’s circumstances after a comprehensive assessment. The plan may be modified as circumstances change. The care plan may address any of the following:
- Housing – helping families evaluate and select appropriate level of housing or residential options;
- Home care services – determining types of services that are right for a client and assisting the family to engage and monitor those services;
- Medical management – attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, client, and family, and if appropriate, monitoring client’s adherence to medical orders and instructions;
- Communication – keeping family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs of the client;
- Social activities – providing opportunity for client to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that enrich the quality of life;
- Legal – referring to or consulting with elder law attorney, providing expert opinion for courts in determining level of care;
- Financial– may include reviewing bill paying or consulting with accountant or client’s Power of Attorney;
- Entitlements – providing information on Federal and state entitlements; connecting families to local programs;
- Safety and security – monitoring client at home; recommending technologies to add to security or safety; observing changes and potential risks of exploitation or abuse;
- Local, cost-effective resources are identified and engaged as needed.