Nanny Services Available in Washington, DC
We can help you find your perfect nanny, whether full-time or part-time, permanent, temporary, or a date night babysitter, and live out or in.
- Afterschool Child Care – After school nannies are readily available. An after school nanny will pick child up from school, take to afterschool activity and bring home. The nanny can help structure your child’s time afterschool with homework reminders, educational and fun activities, play dates, and even help get dinner started. Most of our nannies have their own insured cars and we check their driving record for safety.
- Foreign Language Nannies – If you are interested in having your child learn another language, hire a nanny who speaks a second language to immerse your child in that language. She can speak and sing with your child in that language and teach him words. Immersion is the best method of learning a language.
- Disabilities/ Special Needs – Philia is especially suited to caring for children with special needs because we have an staff member who is a Childhood Development Specialist and because of our work with Seniors we have on staff many Certified Nursing Assistances (CNAs) who receive special training in how work with people who have physical limitations.
- Cognitive and emotional needs – We hire many nannies who have experience with children who have cognitive and/ or emotional needs such as developmental delays, learning disabilities, cognitive impairment, autism, oppositional defiant disorder, ADHD. Moreover, our staff Childhood Development can provide special training and on-going guidance to the Nanny for no additional cost.
- Physical and medical needs – Philia is especially suited to help children with physical and/ or medical needs because many of our Nannies are also Certified Nursing Assistants who have experience with children.
- On-Call – If you have an on-call emergency, we will do our best to find someone for you, although we cannot guarantee it. On-call may be for people with a sick child, or the regular nanny or baby sitter is sick. Please try to give us 24 hours advance notice or as much as possible.
- Newborn Specialist Nannies – Philia has Newborn Care Specialists and Nannies who can create a smooth transition for the family during the newborn stage. She can assist the mother with any feeding issues, including the facilitation of breastfeeding and be knowledgeable in answering breastfeeding questions. She may troubleshoot potential areas of concern with the newborn and offer professional options to resolve them. Later, she can help to sleep train your baby.
- Live-In – Philia can help you to find a wonderful live-in nanny who shares your family values and fits in your family lifestyle. We do this as a referral only.
Hotel. If you are in town with your children, Philia can help! Whether for a night of babysitting or a full day of sightseeing, our nannies will make sure your children are safe and enjoying themselves. They may even learn something about our nation’s capitol!
- Corporate – You don’t need to miss that important deadline when your child has a school day off or is sick. We can work with your company to provide nanny services, permanent or temporary.