Philia is a Home Care Agency that provides care for young and old.
We don't just meet people's caregiving needs, we make a friend.
Philia – (Greek)
A dispassionate virtuous love, a concept developed by Aristotle.
It includes loyalty to friends, family and community.
Love between family and friends.
Why Choose Philia
Philia strives to be the absolute best at in-home care in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Our Caregivers are screened for exceedingly high client engagement and exceptional interpersonal skills. We absolutely guarantee your satisfaction. By choosing Philia, you are choosing a partner in care.
Call us to find out how!
Nannies, Babysitters, Newborn Care, Special Needs
• Philia nannies focus on the development of a child.
• Playgrounds, zoo, play dates
• Educational games, activities and learning opportunities
• Homework reminders/ help
• Meal preparation
• Light housekeeping
• Help for new moms and newborns
• Many Philia nannies are experienced with cognitive, developmental and behavioral challenges
LEARN MORE >
Hourly, Respite or Live-In Care.
• Assist with ADLs (bathing, grooming, toileting, etc)
• Assist with exercises
• Housekeeping, meal preparation, medication reminders.
• Escort to errands, appointments.
• Companionship – card/ board games, discussions, reading and plain old fun.
• Excursions – gardens, museums, movies, friends, family
• Meditation, journaling, photo journaling, poetry
• Help for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities
• Many more - just ask!
LEARN MORE >
FREE! In home assessment.